Search Box

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Initial Food Tasting at K By Cunanan Catering

This is the continuation of the previous post about my food tasting experience with K by Cunanan catering. This time around, I will concentrate on the food. Sort of mini-food review na rin. hehehe.

Macy told me that for the initial food tasting, they will let the clients try their best sellers to help them decide which menu to choose. I was glad that almost the food that was served to me are all part of my initial list.

Appetizer: Hoisin Pork Wrap ( on my list )

 Sheng's comment: This one verified that I made the right decision to book K as our caterer. Super sarap grabe. I can't even describe the taste., Basta naghalo yung sweetness of the hoisin sauce and the mayonnaise. I am a fan of shawarma influenced by years of living in Dubai and I can attest that this one is at par with those authentic shawarma from middle east yet something that Pinoys will love. I know my guests will love this. I just asked Macy to remove the coriander since I know not all of my guests are adventurous when it comes to spices. But overall, its a hit for me.

Soup: Roasted Corn Soup ( on my list)


Sheng's comment: Sorry if mejo messy the bowl. I forgot to take a picture and immediately started eating. hehehe. The soup is very tasty. I initally thought that when you say corn soup its the typical white colored soup (Knorr Corn soup. hahaha.) that is locally sold in the market. Well I was wrong.. You can actually taste the roasted corn kasi kapit na kapit yung lasa nya dun sa soup. Its very creamy as well. When I finished this bowl, super busog na ako I don't know how will I be able to finish the entire course. Ang mejo di ko lang type sa panlasa ko is parang meron shang spice. I don't know if its cumin or what. Since out ang mga food na meron kakaibang spice sa menu ko, I might have to consider other soup na lang. Macy suggested brocolli and cheese.

Salad:Insalata caprese,orange,walnut,strawberry vinaigrette ( barbecued chicken salad is my choice)


Sheng's comment: I am not a veggie-kind of salad fan (I am more of a macaroni & fruit salad type) but I was able to finish this one. Super right combination of sweetness from the walnut, sweet sour taste coming from the orange, the crisp lettuce and tomatoes and the feta cheese.Plus the fact na ang ganda nya tingnan sa pics. hehehe. I would recommend this dish to those who have vegetarian guests. Its just that for me, I really prefer the barbecue chicken salad which I think is becoming one of Kaye's signature dish. :)

Main Course: Grilled lapu-lapu, ratatouille, shaved parmesan ( my original dish but switched to the red snapper with mango salsa)


Sheng's comment: I never tasted anything like this dish before. Or well, lets just say I eat fish and chicken more than I eat pork and beef so super panalo sa akin to dish na to. Sorry ha? I really cannot describe the taste ( I need second serving before I could tell the exact taste.. hahahah)All I know is its delicious, the lapu-lapu is not matigas nor overcooked. just right lang. All the juices were really absorbed by the fish so very tasty talaga. As you can see in the pic above, the juice is coming out of the fish so that means sobrang kapit ng lasa nya in lapu-lapu. I think napadami ang kuha ko ng carrot rice when this dish was served.I am so full by the time I finished my last bite of this one. I am already thinking of switching back again to this dish although I have yet to try the red snapper before making any final decision. But based on my initial food taste, I might choose this for my fish dish.

Seafood dish: Honey nut prawns ( on my list)


Sheng's comment: It is indeed one of Kaye's best seller dish. As I have mentioned before, I am more of fish/seafood/chicken babe so anything seafood really entices my tastebuds. The shrimp is crunchy, not overcooked. The combination of the mayo and sweetness of the walnut plus the grapes are just heavenly. I am not exaggerating. This is based on how I tasted the dish at that moment. Super sarap nya. Though others say its just an ordinary prawns covered with mayo, I would say this is really different from those. I usually cook the prawns with mayo during christmas season but its nothing compared to this dish. Or perhaps di ko ma-distinguish what exactly made this dish different from others since busog na ako by the time I tried this. Perhaps on my second food tasting (hoping na meron) I could determine what sets this one apart from the ordinary prawn dishes out there. Overall, I like the honey nut prawns and will be serving this on my wedding.

Pasta: Mixed seafood pasta, chopped fresh tomatoes, pesto drizzle ( not on my list but the chicken parmigiano, pomoddoro pasta)


Sheng's comment: Its good. The pasta is not soggy nor matigas. The shrimp is firm and the clam is malasa and top it off with pesto drizzle (I love pesto!).Again, it has seafood which I like but then I again I think I already had enough seafood that day considering I had a fish dish, a honey nut prawns na and I am really busog na. Di ko na nga sha naubos eh because if I remembered correctly, this was the time when Macy joined me in the table where I was having my lunch so mega chika na ako with her. Pinilit ko na lang ubusin kahit the shrimps and the clams para naman di sayang. This was part of my original menu but after discussing the menu I have chosen with Rhona, she suggested that I should think it over since not all guests are fond of eating seafood pasta. She made sense especially with my guests na when you say pasta, the default sauce is red and it should be sweet (pinoy spaghetti style) so I have to be on the safe side since after all I want pasta dish to be included in my menu and I want the guests na mae-enjoy the food that we will serve. So I guess I will have to stick to my revised menu which is the chicken parmigiano so that the kids can enjoy this dish na rin.

Dessert: Crepes with strawberries and bananas and Pannacota with Kiwi (on my list)


Sheng's comment: See how lovely the colors are in the pics? hehehe. Ok. going back I looooooveee these two desserts. I love sweets and I am highly critical when it comes to desserts kasi feeling ko yun lang ang nakaka-complete sa meal ko even if I eat a lot during dinner, I always make it a point to eat sweets (of any kind) so that I could feel I am really busog. Kaye's pannacota is really the best. I have tasted different pannacota here and abroad and this is by far, the number 1 pannacota for me. Just the right sweetness, di sha nakakaumay for me. and if hindi nga lang nakakahiya I will really request for another round of the pannacota. hahaha. As for the crepe naman, this one is masarap din. I think ang naka-balance sa kanya is the crepe wrapper(?? not sure anong tawag dun) so kahit natatamisan ka na sa syrup and all, di pa rin sha nakakasawa.

Drink: Raspberry Iced tea (on my list)


Sheng's comment: Masarap. Very refreshing and kahit raspberry iced tea sha hindi sha lasang gamot na pang-kids like what we can associate with berries. nakailang refill yata ako nito from the time I was waiting for my food tasting sched up until I finished the desserts. 

Overall, my first food tasting experience with K by Cunanan catering is super ok. I am satisfied with the food, the setup, the customer service. Kaye's nice and cozy house. I am definitely looking forward for my final food tasting and detailing na rin. At least for now I don't have to worry about the food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment